With a new year come new resolutions. There is often excitement and determination to make this year better than last. Here are five questions to consider as you head into 2020:
1. What is the most important thing you can do to improve your family life?
This will look different for everyone. It could be as simple as having consistent meals together. Or, perhaps having a family movie night each Friday.
2. What is one discipline you most want to make progress in?
Maybe it’s making and keeping a budget, intentionally unplugging from social media weekly, or consistently working out. Discipline won’t happen with a push of a button-it takes sweat, time, and hard work. Make sure the discipline you chose to pursue is one you are motivated to achieve.
3. What is the single biggest time-waster in your life and how can you use that time for the better?
Think about the biggest time wasting habit you have. What would happen if you took back control for this time? How much better would life be? What would you do with an extra 1-2 hours a day?
4. What is the most important way you will try to make this year different than last?
Spend some time reflecting on the past year. In your own life and goals, what didn’t go so great? Is there something you can change to make this year go more smoothly?
5. What is the one thing you can do this year that will matter most in ten years?
If you take time to think about the greater picture of your life and what you are living for- what will you care about 10 years from now? What can you do now that you couldn’t do in ten years?
- Matt Casperson, DC